Saturday, December 6, 2008

Great Class - GE 555!

Time flies really fast as we are at the end of the semester! GE 555 has truly been a wonderful class. I learned a lot of valuable information, especially the creation of webquests and finding educational websites, that I can use when I start teaching in my own classroom. Despite the limited number of class meetings, I truly appreciate all the presentations and discussions we had in class.
The modules were very helpful to me as Dr. Luongo carefully organized those in a manner that students could have access to appropriate and relevant readings, videos, and other educational links. The blog entries of my classmates were all very informative and interesting and I find delight in knowing their thoughts and views about education, technology, and all other matters.
This is my first online class and I never voluntarily enrolled in one before because I consider myself as the traditional type of student. I believe I learn better when I am in a classroom setting together with the rest of my peers. I prefer to see and hear my professor give the lecture. However, Dr. Luongo never made me feel like she was a "distant professor"... like someone who is hard to look for considering that this is an online class. She was very supportive and very helpful and I thank her so much for all the help! I realized I could actually have fun and learn new concepts in an online class, as well as perform in the same manner as I could when I am in a regular classroom.
I learned couple of days ago that I could actually have access to the blog even after this semester or after I graduate from SPC. I am glad to learn that. I may not regularly blog but I know I will be checking it from time to time just to keep myself posted with the latest tips and updates that I could learn from.
Thanks Dr. Luongo for your great ideas, your kindness, and for your help. Congratulations for all your great work!
Have a great holiday everyone and kudos to all of us for our hard work this semester!

1 comment:

Dr. Luongo said...

Thanks, Violeta!

You have been a wonderful student and I hope you continue to blog and use some of the technology tools we discussed in class!

Happy Holidays!