Monday, September 29, 2008

MyAccess Report

I learned about MyAccess last summer and I was very, very impressed with the program. It is definitely an extremely useful tool for teaching and improving writing skills. The MyAccess Report clearly illustrates the features as well as the benefits of this web-based writing program. What I like most about it is that it gives immediate feedback about the write-up, therefore it constantly assesses the student's writing. The process is very easy and the feedback includes the score or the grade for the submitted writing material. By receiving the score, the students can immediately see their strong points as well as know which area to improve on.

I really love this writing program and based on the report, MyAccess helped and continue to help students increase their standardized test scores. The grades for their writing assignments also improved after teachers incorporated MyAccess in the teaching instruction. I really hope I will able to introduce and avail of this program when I start teaching because this is something that both teachers and students can benefit from.

4 comments:

John L said...

I think it's great the MyAccess has improved standardized test scores for students and it seems like a great tool. Good luck implementing it into your classroom.

Michele said...

I think MyAccess is a great access to any student/teacher. It gives the students the opportunity to build up their writing ability and gives feedback that can guide the students in the proper way to improve their writing abilibies. Which will help them in the long run.

Andrew GE 555 said...

My Access also helps when dealing with multiple skill levels in relation to writing. A program such as this one will help students get the proper feedback they need to construct a writing composition.

Francine said...

I agree that this program seems like a great tool! Since I love writing and can't wait to teach effective writing strategies to my students, I was really excited to learn that a product like MyAccess was developed. There's no doubt that this tool will continue to help students learn to love writing!