Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Blogging

First, let me extend my appreciation to Professor Luongo and my fellow students who made this summer class a wonderful and enjoyable experience! I really learned a lot of information from this class that will be very useful when I finally get to teach. The lessons, the instruction, the engaging discussions, and the shared laughters made this class special. Thanks to everybody for being "nice" to me during my second book reading :).

The blog? I must admit that the blog was the only item in the syllabus that I did not like at first. I never had any experience with blogging until this summer. I wasn't motivated by the thought that I have to have a blog account and I was very hesitant to write on such a public venue. However, as the days went by and although I was slow with my blogging, i actually found myself reading my fellow students' blogs almost everyday. I enjoyed reading the articles that they posted and read about their thoughts on various issues. I was able to read interesting articles that I would probably not find if not for the blog. I also learned about websites that I could visit later on if I need to find research materials on education or about reading. Although I am not completely into blogging yet, I must admit that the experience was interesting. If there is another thing that I will remember most about this class, it would be the experience of being able to join the world of blogging then learn and enjoy the experience.

Thanks everybody for making this summer class really fun! Have a wonderful summer everyone!

1 comment:

Dr. Luongo said...

Thanks for your response, Violeta.

Your reflection is exactly what I wanted from you. Blogging may never be a tool you use in your classroom, but you know it is there. You know how to use one, and that is a skill you can discuss with colleagues or administrators.

Thanks for being such a big part of this successful course.

Have a wonderful summer!