Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Classroom Management Skills

I really enjoyed today's video on classroom management skills. I am once again reminded about the importance of having a well planned and well implemented classroom management strategies. I look forward to having my own classroom management plan that is directed to provide a safe, exciting, and well managed educational environment for my students.

But I found out from teachers that it takes time to have a "perfect" classroom management plan or maybe there will never be a perfect one. Everyday, I guess, is a discovery. I hope to be able to learn and employ classroom management strategies that are essential to create and maintain a fun but orderly learning environment where the students will have wonderful experiences and will fall in love with learning.

2 comments:

Arleen said...

One exciting aspect about education is that it never gets boring. We, as teachers, never really reach perfection. You could always have a favortie lesson, but you still modify it from year to year depending upon the students in front of you at that moment. One teaching strategy that works for one class is a disaster in another. I have found that when you think that you have the "perfect" lesson or class, then the next day everything falls apart. So you start all over again. I always tell new teachers in my department that when you find the "perfect" lesson and the "perfect" strategy, it is probably time to change it because it probably is already ineffective. That is why education is never boring! You never ever get it "right" for everybody.

Andrew GE 555 said...

Classroom management is in fact a crucial element when teaching in the classroom. You must always be prepared for the unexpected. When things do not go according the plan, it is extremely important that you can adjust and keep the class on task. There are a number of skills that one can learn prior to entering the classroom, but I have found that the majority of management skills one can obtain comes from experience in the room.